Assistant Category Manager
Position Name: Assistant Category Manager
Department: Planning & Replenishment
Location: Watsonville, CA
Under limited supervision, this position will provide analysis input to support the development of the Category seasonal strategies and prioritize the tasks to support the strategies for the Category. They will identify business opportunities and risks through analyzing sales performance and market data. They will interface and negotiate with vendors on price, product, promotion and exclusivity. They will perform other duties as assigned. This position reports to the Senior Category Manager.
- A bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field and two to four years’ experience in a retail buying, planning or distribution environment or the equivalent combination of education and training is required.
- Must have the ability to analyze a problem skillfully, formulate logical rationale for the decision and take action.
- Must demonstrate the willingness to take smart risks.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess computer literacy with Microsoft Office and Excel products.
- Must have the ability to travel.
Return to Job Listings