Desktop Support Technician
Position Name: Desktop Support Technician
Location: Hollister, CA
- Perform any necessary diagnostic evaluation of the problem through contact with the user, (either via phone, e-mail, or in-person) and/or use of special tools, such as remote access technology (VPN).
- Perform diagnostic, troubleshoot and fix RF guns and related infrastructure.
- Able to set up, troubleshoot and repair shipping/metering stations (scales, scanners, label printers).
- Manage the client expectations throughout solution process, setting realistic promise dates and updating the client as appropriate.
- Log all efforts towards resolution and contacts with the client in the designated ticketing system.
- Inform the customer at the conclusion of the solutions process that the issue is resolved.
- Pursue personal training to develop the necessary skills to provide adequate support in West Marine's environment
- Meet the service level targets for both contact and resolution for all incidents in the Desktop Support Technician's assignment queue.
- Provide support in the form of training or documentation solutions to the Help Desk.
- Identify the types of information needed to facilitate resolution by Desktop Support, ongoing documentation of support and resolution activities.
- 3+ years PC support experience in an enterprise environment (internetworking and Active Directory authentication).
- 5+ years experience with Windows Operating Systems (Windows 7/8).
- 5+ years experience with MS Office applications (2007, 2010 and 2013).
- 3+ years supporting Microsoft Outlook in an enterprise MS Exchange environment.
- 2+ years experience with RF gun technology.
- Must possess advanced hardware and software troubleshooting skills.
- Must possess working experience of network-based laser printers and Zebra label printers.
- Must possess excellent analytical, logical and time management skills.
- Must possess strong oral communication skills, and be able to understand technical jargon as well as communicate without it.
- Must demonstrate good customer service skills.
- Must be able to prioritize their workload to maximize the attainment of service level targets on callbacks and resolution.
- Must be able to use the IT knowledge base and other specialized tools to supplement their own abilities and increase their success rate in problem resolution.
- Prior experience with Distribution Center conveyor systems is a plus.
- Prior experience with Voxware voice picking and ShoreTel phone systems is a plus.
- Prior experience with Cisco switches is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT field highly desired.
- Microsoft and/or ITIL certifications highly desired.
Return to Job Listings