Outside Sales Representative
Department: Port Supply
Status: Full Time
Location: Long Island, NY
Working with fellow team members, this position develops new accounts and maintains existing accounts to assure maximum sales and outstanding customer satisfaction. They contribute to the development of the team strategies and performance targets. They will perform other duties as required. This position reports to the Sales Team Leader. Contributes to the development of team strategies and performance targets.
- Working in coordination with fellow team members and the Market Team Manager, use outside (direct) sales techniques to develop new accounts and maintain existing accounts.
- Builds and maintains customer relationships.
- Refers order, delivery and other account issues to the Market Customer Coordinator for resolution.
- Maintains and reports all required information relative to sales calls, projected sales, expenses and any other administrative matters.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of West Marines products.
- Continuously updates marine knowledge with new products, standards and trends in the marine and related industries. Travels to and attends Port Supply University.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or Associates of organization. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Return to Job Listings