Senior Programmer Analyst
Status: Full Time
Location: Watsonville, CA
Work as part of a cross functional team to design, develop, configure, test and deploy technology solutions (B2C and B2B) as well as troubleshoot production issues for a marine oriented specialty retailer. Must be a developer/analyst experienced in full software development lifecycle. Have proven experience creating scalable, maintainable, and well documented solutions for Point of Scale, Order Management, Financial, Replenishment and other corporate and DC functions. Collaborate with business partners, solution architect, IT Operations, PMO and Quality Assurance teams to compile and complete project objectives as well as day to day production support issues.
- Collaborate with other IT organizations- App Dev, Operations, Sys Eng, Service Desk, Business, PMO-to deliver on committed solutions and production support issues.
- Collaborate with business partners for the purpose of understanding, scoping, and defining the specific details of enhancement/project/bugs.
- Collaborate with technology partners/vendors to manage relationships, updates, and productions support issues.
- Follow policies and procedures (including SDLC) to comply with internal and external standards and best practices.
- Administrative-meetings, email, other.
- Mentor junior team members.
- Provide status updates to PMO and manager.
- Analyze business requirements.
- Design/develop solutions that effectively meet/exceed business requirements.
- Unit testing code
- Troubleshoot issues quickly and effectively.
- Create/maintain effective system documentation.
- Deliver projects according to published schedule.
- Be aware of the policies, procedures, and restrictions imposed by SDLC, SOX, and PCI.
- May be called upon to mentor/train junior team members.
- Support other non-iseries applications where development/code isn’t required that are part of the business application suite.
- 5+ years development experience with RPG/LE.
- A minimum of 5 years of combined retail systems experience (POS, Order entry, Financial, Logistics, etc).
- Deep experience working with major database (such as SQL Server, DB2, Oracle).
- Experience developing in RPG.
- Experience developing/scripting in SQL.
- Experience working with XML technology.
- Broad experience using carious integration techniques: IP sockets, Web Services, FTP, MQ, and Enterprise Service Bus (ESB).
- Strong retail background.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with all staff levels in the company and with vendor partners.
- Experience working in a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
- Ability to solve complex problems with minimal supervision.
- Identifies issues and defines/recommends solutions.
- Is aware of compliance guidelines to be followed including SDLC, IT Security, SOX, and PCI.
- Collaborates with technology vendors/partners.
- Collaborates with cross functional IT team to deliver results.
- Mentor junior team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
Return to Job Listings