Store Operations Specialist
Department: Store Operations
Status: Full Time
Location: Watsonville, CA
This position develops, improves and communicates policies and procedures for the Stores division. Would need to be able to regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment to resolve project conflicts. Uses independent judgment to identify research and implement solutions to Store Operations issues. The position needs to be able to coordinate team efforts within Store Operations and other internal departments. Uses independent judgment to assess project progress, reevaluate and communicate changes. Report status to Store Operations management weekly. Independently reviews operations and provides new processes to continuously improve and streamline the operation-cost, people, and service. Continually seek new ways to improve customer service and sales at all levels. Participate in cross-functional teams where necessary, or new process technology to identify needs and define requirements for retail implementation.
- Manage and Develop Store Policy and Procedures
- Required to have the ability to communicate clearly information executable by Store Managers and Associates
- Need to be able to seek project input from multiple sources to ensure all pieces are executable
- Needs to be detail oriented and able to change directions quickly/easily
- Ability to document and improve processes within the stores division
- Department Lead of Cross Functional projects
- Attend meetings and working sessions to represent the Stores division
- Make decisions on behalf of the Store’s division
- Manage communication and completion of project from beginning to end
- Manages difficult or emotional Customer situations
- Strive to produce single call resolution to both Customer and Associate phone calls
- Takes calls from Customers and Associates and returns phone calls to Stores / Customer promptly
- Places calls to the Stores and Customers to follow up on issues
- Uses professionalism in all verbal conversations and represents West Marine at all times
- A college degree in business or related field and 1 – 3 years retail management experience or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Detail oriented, with excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Computer skills including the Microsoft Office Products.
- Strong business partner focus and customer service background.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work effectively within or lead a team.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to meet stated deadlines.
- Must be able to prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment.
Return to Job Listings