WATSONVILLE, Calif. (April 12, 2011)
West Marine, the country’s largest specialty retailer of boating supplies and accessories, announced the grand opening celebration of its first Flagship Store in Massachusetts on Thursday, April 28 through Sunday, May 1, 2011. Boston area boaters and anglers can take part in the weekend celebration at the store, located at 299 Mishawum Road in Woburn (across from the Woburn Mall) at the intersection of Interstates 93 & 95. Festivities begin at 8 a.m. and continue until 9 p.m., Thursday through Sunday.
Family friendly activities throughout the weekend:
- A Boat Show on site featuring numerous Boston-area dealers including Bosun’s Marine, Winter Island Yacht Yard, Eastern Boats, Andros Boat Works and Advantage Yacht Sales. The Wounded Warrior fishing vessel will be on display, courtesy of Scalisi Marine.
- High Tech Electronics Demonstrations with Raymarine, Sony, Navco, Lowrance and Icom.
- Experts provide tips and tricks on how to maximize your boat’s performance and expand your fishing expertise.
- Test your strength and endurance on an authentic “America’s Cup” style winch grinder. Turn the handles on the pedestal as fast as you can – the fastest times win prizes in the Harken Winch Grinder Competition
- Door-Buster Discounts throughout the weekend
- Raffle prizes and giveaways
- Free refreshments, while supplies last
ALLY Foundation’s Flip Flop Regatta, Barehill Rowing and Boston University
Sailing. All of the proceeds will directly support these local charities. Attendees will enjoy food, drinks and live entertainment, plus a raffle and silent auction
About the Flagship Store
- It’s the Biggest West Marine Store in Massachusetts– This brand-new Flagship Store is over 23,000 square feet and was created to serve both the needs of local residents and those travelling through to enjoy the lakes of New Hampshire all the way up to the coast of Maine.
- You Want It…We’ve Got It – West Marine surveyed Boston-area boaters and built the Woburn Store with their feedback in mind. There is a much broader product selection of fishing and sailing gear plus an extensive selection of marine electronics, boating supplies and casual and technical apparel designed by boaters for boaters
- Port Supply for Boating Businesses – The Woburn West Marine Store will be a regional hub for Port Supply, the wholesale business which supports marine businesses. With timely delivery of a broad selection of marine accessories and products at attractive pricing, Port Supply keeps Boston-area boating businesses cruising.
- Cruising for a Cause Charity Event—On Thursday, April 28th from 6:00 to 9:00 pm at the Woburn store will to help support several local charities. Attendees will enjoy music, a Mexican fiesta, great raffle items including a FLIR infrared camera valued at $2999, and one-of-a-kind silent auction items.
Store Manager, Barbara Miele (raised in Arlington, MA) has been with West Marine for thirteen years and is a passionate power boater who grew up on wooden boats and lives in nearby Burlington with her husband. The crew of 25 Associates has more than 220 years of combined boating, sailing and fishing experience and has cruised over 30,000 nautical miles. In addition to having top fishing and sailing experts on staff there will be a Port Supply Hub at this location run by Hub Manager Christina Greco who has been with West Marine for ten years.
ABOUT WEST MARINE
West Marine, the largest specialty retailer of boating supplies and accessories, has more than 325 company-owned stores located in 38 states, Puerto Rico and Canada and three franchised stores located in Turkey. Our call center and Internet channels offer Customers over 60,000 products plus the convenience of exchanging catalog and Internet purchases at our Store locations. Our Port Supply division is one of the largest wholesale distributors of marine equipment serving boat manufacturers, marine services, commercial vessel operators and government agencies. For more information on West Marine's products and store locations, or to start shopping, visit westmarine.com or call 1-800-BOATING (1-800-262-8464).