The West Marine Store in Pompano Beach will have its Grand Opening Celebration of its bigger store in a brand new location from Friday, October 5 to Sunday, October 7. Responding to the needs of local water enthusiasts, the store is nearly 15,000 square feet with an expanded selection of boating and saltwater fishing gear, an engine and boat parts counter staffed by specialists and casual and technical apparel picked especially for Gold Coast Customers. A large assortment of inflatable boats and motors, kayaks and stand-up paddleboards will be on deck. The crew of the Pompano Beach West Marine consists of 20 Associates who have over 250 years of combined boating and fishing experience.
Doors open at 8 a.m. on Friday and festivities continue all weekend with several family-friendly activities, extraordinary discounts and prize giveaways. Events to take place at the Pompano Beach West Marine Grand Opening:
- Mayor Lamar Fisher and Vice Mayor George Brummer to attend Friday morning ribbon-cutting ceremony at 9 a.m.
- Prizes and giveaways, including a free fishing trip with the renowned Captain Dick Russell
- On-the-Water boat rides to test Lowrance’s brand new sonar vision technology
- High Tech Electronics Demonstrations by Garmin and Navico
- Door-Buster Deals Throughout the Weekend
- Hot Dog Cookout 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. by the Freedom Waters Foundation which offers boat rides to children with terminal diseases