||Water lovers are invited to join the Glen Burnie store’s Grand Opening. West Marine’s newest Maryland location boasts 15,000 square feet of nautical necessities and access to experts who can help boaters, anglers and paddlesports enthusiasts make the most of their time on the water. There will be free daily product demos, a boat show by local dealers, special deals on water gear, raffles, giveaways and more.
||Friday, May 9-Sunday, May 11
Grand Opening Hours: Friday – Saturday: 8 a.m. – 9 p.m., Sunday: 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
||West Marine – Glen Burnie – 595A East Ordnance Road
- Outdoor boat show with latest models from local dealers Annapolis Boat Sales, Annapolis Yacht Sales, Trade Winds, Intrinsic, Prestige Detailing and Annapolis Inflatables Repair Service.
- Demos and Q&As – Vendor reps and West Marine experts will give hands-on demos on the latest marine electronics from Garmin, Raymarine, Icom, ACR, Flir and Navico, as well as Torqeedo electric engines. Plus, get questions answered regarding Sierra Engine Parts, Quicksilver, Z-Tuff, Pettit and Interlux products.
- Go Fish! Blue Water Candy and BFG Tackle reps will demo items at the new 1,400-square-foot fishing section, which includes gear from Penn and Shimano.
- Shop and Tour the Store – New sections include a comprehensive engine parts department. Plus, more options for trailers and safety and paddlesports gear from Jimmy Styks and Ocean Kayak.
- Delightful deals on casual and technical apparel, foul weather gear, footwear and accessories from favorite brands such as Maui Jim, Sperry, Costa del Mar, Pelagic, Guy Harvey, Columbia, Reef, Grundens, O’Neill, Roxy and Teva.
- Free hot dogs at lunch time all three days.
- Bring Mom! Sunday is Mother’s Day - she’ll get a free eco-bag and a free carnation.
||westmarine.com; Facebook and Twitter @westmarine
||Friday, May 9, 8 - Ribbon cutting
Scott Norton, District Manager, West Marine will be available to discuss:
- Mother’s Day gift ideas for water loving moms
- Hot new boating trends for Summer 2014 in Chesapeake Bay
- Latest and greatest product items at West Marine
- Stand up paddling and kayaking - what water lovers need to know about two of 2014’s hottest watersports trends.