NOTE: This painting system is offered for application by marine painting professionals and experienced applicators only.
Awlwood MA is an exterior clear system that is made up of a Primer and Clear Finish. By combining the Primer and Clear together, the synergistic effect results in an outstanding performing system that adheres and bonds directly to the wood cellular structure giving extended performance and retaining the same gloss, DOI and natural appearance as first application. For exterior, above waterline use only.
- High building, fast curing formulation allowing multiple applications per day reducing work time
- Applicable over a wide range of temperatures and humidity by various methods so the same great result every time
- Remains highly flexible throughout lifetime of system which allows natural substrate movement whilst giving excellent toughness and abrasion resistance
- Use of the full system gives a synergistic effect resulting in extended performance retaining the same gloss, DOI and natural appearance as first application
- Formulated to deeply penetrate the grain/wood, even tropical hardwoods, and thus give longer lasting colour stability and improved system adhesion
- Has a chemical affinity for the wood and locks directly onto the wood structure – gives superior flexibility and unrivalled resistance to delamination at damage points
- Penetrates deep into the wood grain allowing the natural colour and grain of wood to shine through
- Contains high performance colourants that impregantate the wood structure to mimic the tonings of the natural wood colourants – As natural colour of wood fades due to white light, colourants take over and retain their initial colour leaving the wood with a rich appearance
- Recommended Coats: 1
- Features an inherently non-yellowing polymer further stabilised with high performance UV absorbers giving long term clarity of film and excellent gloss and DOI retention
- Elastomeric nature of the cured film results in excellent toughness and abrasion resistance giving amazing in-service performance
- When combined with Awlwood MA Primers gives outstanding performance extending re-coat cycle times
- Recommended Coats: 8