The 12V motor in this frame-mounted, self-parking, adjustable sweep and park wiper kit is encased in a UV-stabilized, temperature- and impact-resistant, waterproof housing. Includes 11" curved blade and adjustable arm. Arm length: 6-3/4" to 10-1/2".
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about AFI 500 110 Waterproof Wiper Kit:
Purchased as a replacement for an existing rusted out wiper. While this sounds good on paper it had a number of extremely annoying "features".
1) It is waterproof by nature of its 100% plastic case which has a larger diameter shaft which necessitated enlarging the existing mounting hole.
2) The connections are via the small size disconnects which are apparently not sold by West Marine.
3) The markings on the terminals are not visible when the wiper is mounted to the cabin. So... write it down on a piece of paper before installing if you are the forgetful type.
4) After mounting the motor and climbing on the cabin top with the wiper arm itself in hand, I discovered that the set screw to lock the arm to the wiper shaft is an METRIC Allen head bolt. A fact that was not mentioned ANYWHERE in the installation instructions. Of course this was at 7:30 on a Sunday evening.
4) Given the plastic construction of the case, it is VERY easy to strip the plastic threads on the shaft when attempting to torque the mounting nut enough to get a any amount of compression on the rubber seal on the shaft.