Factory-matched Balmar charging package eliminates guesswork and saves time by pairing high-output alternator and smart voltage regulator with engine type. Package features dual internally fanned 6-Series alternator, combined with microprocessor controlled ARS-5 voltage regulator and MC-TS-A and MC-TS-B temperature sensor cables for alternator and battery. Yanmar-ready 60-YP package with 70-amp alternator (for engines with 3/8" single belt) features Hitachi-style 3.15"ID saddle mount. 70-amp kit is well suited for battery banks to 350AH. All 6-Series alternators feature isolated ground terminals and Smart Ready internal back up regulation. Alternator meets USCG Title 33, ISO 8846 and SAE J1171 standards for ignition protection and can be used on gas or diesel engines.
- Number of Outputs: One
- Case Construction: Powder-coated aluminum
- Volts: 12V
- Pulley: Deep V, 3/8"
- Approvals: USCG Title 33, ISO 8846 and SAE J1171 standards for ignition protection
- Warranty: One Year
- Automatic Functions: Multi-stage smart charging, alternator temperature sensing, optional MC-TS-B, battery temperature compensation
- User Selectable Functions: Charging for four battery types; seven belt load management settings based on belt size and alternator rating
- Status Display: Three-character alphanumeric LED display simplifies programming
- Wiring Hardware: 54" marine wiring harness, magnetic programming tool, manual. YP Kit includes 6-0020 hardware kit.
6-Series Alternator Data Sheet
Balmar Alternator Application Guide