For more than 175 years, the Canals of New York State, coupled with the Hudson River, have served the changing needs of this nation. Once the focus of industrial growth in America, the Canal Corridor now provides boaters, bikers, hikers...and everyone else...with a route that`s still exciting to travel, and an enduring tribute to our pioneer spirit.
- This is a book about the Canals as they are today, how to `use` them, and the cultural, recreational, and scenic opportunities they offer along their routes.
- The Erie Canal is one of four interconnected canals, certainly the most famous, that facilitate travel by water from New York`s interior to ports all over the world.
- This `Canal System` includes the Erie, the Oswego, the Cayuga/Seneca, and the Champlain Canals
- This book is written to help you appreciate and enjoy this legacy resource
- Hardcover - 224 pages (July 1, 2001), Debbie Daino Stack