The newest addition to Ronstan’s Orbit range of super lightweight, fiber reinforced blocks. Ideal for sheet applications on dinghies up to 16' and control line applications for small keel boats. All Series 40 Orbit Blocks™ feature ultra-strong Dyneema® SK-75 links that are lighter in weight and stronger than metal headposts on conventional blocks. These blocks also feature a precision, two-stage bearing for reduced friction under high loads. Series 40 Ratchet blocks feature 14:1 holding power and a sophisticated cross-hole sheave geometry for superior rope wear performance. There are two styles of Series 40 ratchet blocks. The automatic version is ideal for asymmetric spinnakers and other applications where an auto-engaging ratchet is preferred. The standard manual ratchet serves for mainsheet and other traditional ratchet applications. Innovative, all-composite blocks boast extremely high strength to weight.
- Sheave: Carbon fiber reinforced, PTFE impregnated engineered nylon
- Ball Bearings: High compression strength Carbon Black Acetal, Stage-2 bearing: Glass fiber reinforced, MoS2 impregnated engineered nylon
- Sheave Size: 1-9/16" (40mm)
- Line Diameter: 5/16" (8mm) max.
- Cheek MAterial/Finish: Toughened glass fiber reinforced nylon
- Shackle/Strap Type: UV-stabilized, multi-strand Dyneema link