Assistant Category Manager
Department: Planning and Replenishment
Status: Full Time
Location: Watsonville, CA
Under limited supervision, this position will provide analysis input to support the development of the Category seasonal strategies and prioritize the tasks to support the strategies for the Category. They will identify business opportunities and risks through analyzing sales performance and market data. They will interface and negotiate with vendors on price, product, promotion and exclusivity. They will perform other duties as assigned. This position reports to the Senior Category Manager..
- Provide analysis input to support the development of Category seasonal strategies and prioritize tasks to support Division strategies that meet financial targets.
- Provide information and ideas to develop Category key concepts, key items, promotional strategies and store assortments that are commercially viable and provide an exciting customer store experience.
- Rank styles based on historical and current product performance, and identify redundancies in the product assortment.
- Identify product categories where smart risks can be taken and protect basic businesses in order to meet financial targets.
- Recommend pricing strategies for specific product categories
A bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field and two to four years experience in a retail buying, planning or distribution environment or the equivalent combination of education and training is required. Must have the ability to analyze a problem skillfully, formulate logical rationale for the decision and take action. Must demonstrate the willingness to take smart risks. Must be a self-starter. Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment. Must possess computer literacy with Microsoft Office and Excel products. Must have the ability to travel.
Return to Job Listings