eCommerce Development Manager
Status: Full Time
Location: Watsonville, CA
The eCommerce Development Manager will provide leadership, planning, prioritization, scheduling and effective implementation for system initiatives based on the Hybris ecommerce platform. The Web Development Manager leads a team of developers and works closely with the business community. This individual should have a solid technical background combined with the interpersonal and leadership skills to manage a team and work with a wide variety of individuals throughout the West Marine organization.
- Provides technical direction for the development, design, and systems integration of ecommerce and web based applications from definition phase through implementation.
- Creates and executes development plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Keeps project manager well informed of status of development efforts and serves as liaison between development staff and project manager.
- Ensures technical teams are coding according to best practices and industry standards.
- Owns the development lifecycle and is responsible for managing technical risks throughout the project.
- Develops and documents a robust release management process.
- Maintains a consistent application architecture.
- Performs code reviews and mentors junior developers.
- Manages technical resources within budget and project schedule.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years experience developing, implementing and support of eCommerce and web-based information systems including JAVA/web-based applications.
- Experience managing and developing a team of technology professionals.
- Excellent prioritization and organization skills, especially the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Strong leadership skills are required to lead strategy and execution meetings for projects. Experience developing strategic and tactical plans to meet business objectives.
Experience improving and automating business processes through the application of technology.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with all staff levels in the company and with vendor partners.
- Experience working in a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
- Proven experience with JAVA, Hybris or other ecommerce platform, SPRING framework, Endeca desired.
Return to Job Listings