West Marine Media Alert
BOAT SHOW, HIGH TECH ELECTRONIC DEMONSTRATIONS, TIPS FROM EXPERTS & MORE AT THE GRAND OPENING OF WEST MARINE’S FLAGSHIP STORE IN WOBURN Free Activities for Boston-Area Boaters and Anglers, And Door-Buster Deals Throughout the Weekend Thursday, April 28th – Sunday, May 1st
WATSONVILLE, Calif. (April 25, 2011)
The biggest West Marine Store in Massachusetts will have its Grand Opening Celebration Thursday, April 28th - Sunday, May 1st. Responding to the needs of Boston-area boaters, the new store is over 23,000 square feet of boating equipment, supplies, apparel, marine electronics, and saltwater fishing gear specifically selected for the region. Doors open at 8 a.m. on Thursday and festivities continue all weekend with activities, extraordinary discounts and prize giveaways.
Thursday, April 28th – Sunday, May 1st
- Boat Show on site featuring numerous Boston-area dealers including Bosun’s Marine, Winter Island Yacht Yard, Eastern Boats, Andros Boat Works and Advantage Yacht Sales. The Wounded Warrior fishing vessel will be on display, courtesy of Scalisi Marine.
- High Tech Electronic Demonstrations from Raymarine, FLIR, ICOM, Sony, Lowrance and Navico.
- Experts provide Tips and Tricks on how to maximize your boat’s performance and expand your fishing expertise.
- Test your strength and endurance on an authentic “America’s Cup” style winch grinder. Turn the handles on the pedestal as fast as you can—the fastest times with prizes with the Harken Winch Grinder Competition.
- Free refreshments (while supplies last)
- Door-Buster discounts throughout the weekend
- Free raffle prizes and giveaways
Thursday, April 28th
“Cruising for a Cause” from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the store. Tickets are $10 and available at the door or through the following local charities: Courageous Sailing, Piers Park Sailing Center, The Fishing Academy, New England Disabled Sports, Sandy Point Sailing, Community Rowing, ALLY Foundation’s Flip Flop Regatta, Barehill Rowing and Boston University Sailing. All of the proceeds will directly support these local charities. Attendees will enjoy food, drinks and live entertainment, plus a raffle and silent auction.
Woburn West Marine
299 Mishawum Road
At the Intersection of Interstate 93 & 95
Thursday-Sunday: 8 a.m. – 9 p.m.
To provide Woburn-area boaters with the broadest and best selection of boating supplies, accessories and apparel.
ABOUT WEST MARINE
West Marine, the largest specialty retailer of boating supplies and accessories, has more than 325 company-owned stores located in 38 states, Puerto Rico and Canada and three franchised stores located in Turkey. Our call center and Internet channels offer Customers over 60,000 products plus the convenience of exchanging catalog and Internet purchases at our Store locations. Our Port Supply division is one of the largest wholesale distributors of marine equipment serving boat manufacturers, marine services, commercial vessel operators and government agencies. For more information on West Marine's products and store locations, or to start shopping, visit westmarine.com or call 1-800-BOATING (1-800-262-8464).