WATSONVILLE, Calif. (April 27, 2011)
West Marine, the country’s largest specialty retailer of boating supplies and apparel, announced the grand opening celebration of its Flagship Store in St. Petersburg, Florida on Thursday, May 12 to Sunday, May 15, 2011. Anglers and boaters can take part in the weekend celebration at the store, located at 2010 Tyrone Boulevard North in St. Petersburg. Festivities begin at 8 a.m. and continue until 9 p.m., Thursday through Saturday and until 8 p.m. on Sunday.
The weekend will be chock full of free fishing seminars (check Store for schedule) including:
- Kite Fishing with George Poveromo
- Bottom Fishing Tactics & Offshore Trolling with Capt. Dave Zalewski
- Capt. Dave Blanchard founder of “Pumpkin Jigs” shares insider know-how
- Kayak fishing with Captain Jason Stock
- Inshore Sportfishing with Capt. Jimmy Huddleston
- Capt. C.A. Richardson, Host of Flats Class TV helps anglers achieve success
- Captain Mark Nichols, owner of DOA Lures, gives tips on how to sneak up on the fish.
- Captain Stuart Ames, Fishing opportunities for the In-shore angler.
Mike Fourtner, of the fishing vessel Time Bandit, as featured on Discovery Channel’s “Deadliest Catch” will be at the Store, signing autographs from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, May 14.
Other activities throughout the weekend:
- Great deals on 48 boats on site from Thunder Marine, Turner Marine, Andros Boats, Quality Boats, Gause Built Boats and many other West Coast Florida-area dealers
- High Tech Electronics Demonstrations with Raymarine, Sony, Navico, Lowrance and Icom.
- Kayak Pool
- Door-Buster Discounts throughout the weekend
“Casting for a Cause” Charity Night will be held on Thursday, May 12 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the store. Tickets are $10 and available at the door or through the following local charities including: the Tampa Chapter of the CCA, Snook Foundation, Old Salt Fishing Foundation, Sea Scouts, Treasure Island Yacht Club and the Clearwater Aquarium gift shop, . All of the proceeds will directly support these local charities. Attendees will enjoy food, drinks and live entertainment, plus a live and silent auction.
Mike Fourtner, of the fishing vessel Time Bandit, as featured on Discovery Channel’s “Deadliest Catch” will be attending “Casting for a Cause” and will join the highest bidder on a fishing trip aboard a 54’ Bertrum, courtesy of John’s Pass Marina and Capt. Sid Rice. Proceeds will benefit the charity of the bidder’s choice.
Charley Morgan, Sailboat Racer and Designer will be on deck with a one-of-a-kind art piece for a lucky bidder.
General Manager Kevin Davenport (a resident of Tampa Bay since 1967) has been with West Marine for 25 years and enjoys boating, waterskiing, kayaking, fishing and scuba diving on the Florida waters. Captain Steve Baglio is the fishing
The crew of 45 Associates has more than 300 years of combined boating, sailing and fishing experience and has cruised thousands of nautical miles. In addition to having fishing and sailing experts on staff there will be a Port Supply Hub at this location run by Hub Manager Chris Tully and will serve the greater Tampa Bay area.
ABOUT WEST MARINE
West Marine, the largest specialty retailer of boating supplies and accessories, has more than 325 company-owned stores located in 38 states, Puerto Rico and Canada and three franchised stores located in Turkey. Our call center and Internet channels offer Customers over 60,000 products plus the convenience of exchanging catalog and Internet purchases at our Store locations. Our Port Supply division is one of the largest wholesale distributors of marine equipment serving boat manufacturers, marine services, commercial vessel operators and government agencies. For more information on West Marine's products and store locations, or to start shopping, visit westmarine.com or call 1-800-BOATING (1-800-262-8464).