WATSONVILLE, Calif. (May 9, 2011)
The newest West Marine Flagship Store in St. Petersburg will have its Grand Opening Celebration Thursday, May 12th – Sunday, May 15th. Responding to the needs of Tampa-area boaters, the new store is nearly 28,000 square feet of boating equipment, supplies, apparel, marine electronics, and saltwater fishing gear specifically selected for the region. Doors open at 8 a.m. on Thursday and festivities continue all weekend with activities, extraordinary discounts and prize giveaways.
Grand Opening Events: Thursday, May 12th – Sunday, May 15th
The weekend will be chock full of free fishing seminars (check Store for schedule) including:
- Kite Fishing with George Poveromo
- Kids Fishing Clinics with Don Dingman
- Bottom Fishing Tactics & Offshore Trolling with Capt. Dave Zalewski
- Capt. Dave Blanchard founder of “Pumpkin Jigs” will share insider know-how
- Kayak fishing with Captain Jason Stock
- Inshore Sportfishing with Capt. Jimmy Huddleston
- Capt. C.A. Richardson, Host of Flats Class TV will help anglers achieve success
- Captain Mark Nichols, owner of DOA Lures, will give tips on how to sneak up on the fish.
- Captain Stuart Ames, Fishing opportunities for the Inshore angler.
Deadliest Catch Star at the Grand Opening—Mike Fourtner, of the fishing vessel Time Bandit, as featured on Discovery Channel’s “Deadliest Catch” will be signing autographs from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, May 14.
Other activities throughout the weekend:
- Great deals on 48 boats on site from Thunder Marine, Turner Marine, Andros Boats, Quality Boats, Gause Built Boats and many other West Coast Florida-area dealers
- Raymarine’s Mobile Showroom and High Tech Demonstrations with Sony, Navico, Lowrance, Icom and more.
- Test the newest kayaks on the water
Thursday, May 12th
“Casting for a Cause” charity event will be held from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the store. Tickets are $10 and available at the door or through the following local charities: the Tampa Chapter of the CCA, Snook Foundation, Old Salt Fishing Foundation, Sea Scouts, Treasure Island Yacht Club and the Clearwater Aquarium. All of the proceeds will directly support these local charities and attendees will enjoy food, beverages, silent and live auction and a free gift. Mike Fourtner, of the fishing vessel Time Bandit, as featured on Discovery Channel’s “Deadliest Catch” will join the highest bidder on a fishing trip aboard a 50’ Hatteras Charter boat, donated by John’s Pass Marina and Capt. Sid Rice. Proceeds will benefit the charity of the bidder’s choice.
Free Activities for Boaters & Anglers at West Marine’s St. Petersburg Grand Opening, May 12-15
St. Petersburg West Marine
2010 Tyrone Boulevard North
St. Petersburg, FL
Thursday-Saturday: 8 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Sunday: 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
To provide St. Petersburg-area boaters with the broadest and best selection of boating supplies, accessories and apparel.
ABOUT WEST MARINE
West Marine, the largest specialty retailer of boating supplies and accessories, has more than 325 company-owned stores located in 38 states, Puerto Rico and Canada and three franchised stores located in Turkey. Our call center and Internet channels offer Customers over 60,000 products plus the convenience of exchanging catalog and Internet purchases at our Store locations. Our Port Supply division is one of the largest wholesale distributors of marine equipment serving boat manufacturers, marine services, commercial vessel operators and government agencies. For more information on West Marine's products and store locations, or to start shopping, visit westmarine.com or call 1-800-BOATING (1-800-262-8464).