West Marine Press Release
|FUN FACTS ON WEST MARINE’S NEWEST FLAGSHIP STORE IN FORT MYERS, FLORIDA - Middletown Location Raises Funds for Newport Youth Sailing Community Tuesday, June 26th 6:00- 10:00 pm
Samantha Scott, APR
Pushing the Envelope, Inc
FUN FACTS ON WEST MARINE’S NEWEST FLAGSHIP STORE IN FORT MYERS, FLORIDA
The grand opening festivities of West Marine’s Fort Myers Flagship Store will take place Thursday, July 19 to Sunday, July 22. This Store was created to serve both the needs of local residents and those traveling to enjoy the Gulf Coast area.
FUN FACTS AND FIGURES:
It’s the Biggest West Marine Store in Southwest Florida – At 25,000+ sq. ft., this Fort Myers Flagship is over three times the size of a standard West Marine Store (normally 8,000 sq. ft.).
You Want It… We’ve Got It –The Fort Myers store is stocked with over 20,000 products with thousands more readily available.
- West Marine surveyed Southwest Florida-area boaters and built the Fort Myers Store with their feedback in mind
- A comprehensive selection of marine electronics is on display with nearly 100 units to touch and test
- There is a much broader selection of saltwater fishing gear for the inshore and offshore angler. IGFA record holder Ken Taylor is the on-staff fishing expert and proud member of the 25 Pound Snook Club
- The full engine parts counter is staffed by specialists
- An extensive assortment of maintenance supplies, trailer accessories and sailboat hardware
- A huge shoe selection featuring Sperry, Sebago and West Marine, plus a full line of casual and technical apparel designed for your life on the water
An Experienced Crew – The Fort Myers crew of 40 Associates has a combined total of over 250 years of boating, fishing and sailing experience.
Florida & West Marine
- Opened the first West Marine store in Fort Myers in 1994 (Store # 37)
- West Marine employs 1,182 Associates in the state of Florida.
- There are a total of 4,953 Associates throughout the company
- There are more West Marine stores in Florida, than any other state
- Over one-fourth of the store fleet is located in Florida (73 stores)
- This is West Marine’s 13th Flagship Store and our 6th Flagship in Florida. The other Florida Flagship locations are Fort Lauderdale (50,000 sq. ft.), Sarasota, North Palm Beach, St. Petersburg and Jacksonville
“Casting for a Cause” Charity Event—On Thursday, July 19 from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. the Fort Myers Store will raise money for several local marine-based charities. Attendees will enjoy food and drinks from Pinchers Crab Shack and live entertainment by Fakahatchee Band. Tickets are available for $10 at the door or through the following local charities;
Edgar Hansen, Deck Boss and Chief Engineer of the F/V Northwestern, featured on “Deadliest Catch,” will be in attendance and will join the highest bidder on a fishing trip donated by Capt. Les Achilles of Venture Out Charters.
Saturday, July 21
- Renowned underwater photographer Tony Ludovico will be on deck with FREE autographed prints for the first 50 fans (12 noon – 2 p.m.)
- Edgar Hansen, Deck Boss and Chief Engineer of the F/V Northwestern, featured on “Deadliest Catch,” will meet shoppers and sign autographs (2 p.m. – 4 p.m.)
ABOUT WEST MARINE
West Marine, the largest specialty retailer of boating supplies and accessories, has more than 310 company-owned stores located in 38 states, Puerto Rico and Canada and three franchised stores located in Turkey. Our call center and Internet channels offer Customers over 75,000 products plus the convenience of exchanging catalog and Internet purchases at our Store locations. Our Port Supply division is one of the largest wholesale distributors of marine equipment serving boat manufacturers, marine services, commercial vessel operators and government agencies. For more information on West Marine's products and store locations, or to start shopping, visit westmarine.com or call 1-800-BOATING (1-800-262-8464).