Garmin made GPS simple for your boat or car, and now they have re-thought the autopilot with this breakthrough product. The GHP 10 marine autopilot provides plug-and-play NMEA 2000 networking for your steering system, with a clear easy-to-use interface, so you can change course by just grabbing the wheel, or you can control the heading of your boat at the press of a soft key. The system includes a GHC 10 control unit, the Electronic Control Unit (the “brain” of the system), NMEA cabling-everything but the hydraulic pump, which you order separately depending on the specifications of your hydraulic steering system. Go to westmarine.com to determine your specific GHP 10 configuration.
Experience the Ease of Shadow Drive™ Technology: Patented Shadow Drive Technology lets you simply grab the wheel to adjust your heading, and the pilot will automatically re-enage after you’ve held a steady course.
Enjoy the Simple Interface & NMEA Connectivity: The GHP 10 is controlled by the included GHC 10. This control unit communicates with the autopilot system via a NMEA 2000 bus, so autopilot heading data can easily be shared with other devices. Up to three GHC 10 controllers can be interfaced with a single GHP 10, allowing for autopilot capabilities in multiple stations on your boat.
- Style: Below Deck
- Boat Type: Powerboats with steering ram capacity below 24 cubic inches
- Drive Type: Hydraulic pump (sold separately)
- Included Equipment: GHC 10 helm control display, ECU, CCU, Shadow drive, CCU/ECU interconnect cable, Buzzer, ECU power cable, NMEA 2000 drop cable, NMEA 2000 T-connector
- Controls: GHC 10 dedicated control unit, Standby, Three soft keys, Power
- Control Dimensions: 4.3"W x 4.4"H x 1.9"D (10.9 x 11.2 x 4.8 cm)
- Display Type: QVGA color LCD display
- Screen Resolution: 320 x 240
- Interface Inputs/Outputs: NMEA 0183, NMEA 2000
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.