Corrosion-resistant, for heavy aluminum plate and blasted steel. Can be top-coated after 220-grit sanding. Mix 1:1 with U-4748 catalyst and thin as needed with U-1289. Roller or spray application builds to about 15mils per coat.
- Primary Usage: Corrosion-proof barrier coat over aluminum or steel
- Formulation: Low VOC high-build epoxy chromate primer
- Applies Over: Chemically converted aluminum or steel
- Drying Time: 4 hr. pot life, 30 min induction time, up to 3-4 hrs. before recoating
- Thinner: U1289 (Model 103939) 0-12% low VOC reduction limit or C8761 (Model 599951) below 60°F
- Coverage: 20-37 sq.ft/qt, 100-150 sq.ft/gal.
- Color: Yellow
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.