Unlike U-1000, its predecessor, this white primer is higher in solids, covers better, requires fewer coats and shrinks less. Best primer for brush application. Finish sand with 220 grit for a fine topcoat finish. Mix 2:1 with 94U-1000C catalyst. Use full strength for brushing or thin material with U-2965 if needed. To spray, thin with either U-1014 or U-1385 reducer.
- Primary Usage: Low VOC standard all purpose primer
- Formulation: Two-part polyurethane sanding finish surfacer, 2:1 mix ratio
- Applies Over: Gel coat, existing finishes, plastics, composites, high-build epoxy primers
- Drying Time: 2 hr. pot life, no induction time
- Thinner: U1014 (Model 103897)/U1385 (Model 103954) below 65-70°F) 0-5% low VOC reduction ratio or U2965 (Model 103988) 0-30% reduction ratio
- Coverage: 50-75 sq.ft/qt, 200-300 sq.ft/gal.
- Color: White
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.