Deluxe Inflatable PFDs combine the advanced safety of inflatable technology with product enhancements such as comfort-improvement features and a safety inspection window to easily tell users if the inflator is ready for use. The Velcro™ closure makes it easy to wear and maintain while closing to the outside to reduce chafing around the neck and chest; the neoprene Comfort Collar™ eliminates neck irritation. The MD3085 LE comes with a back flap that can be customized with department ID and is lightweight and close-fitting to ensure it doesn't interfere with regular activities.
Manually-activated inflatable PFDs are inflated by pulling the inflation cord that hangs from the PFD at waist-height. They will not inflate when they get wet or are immersed in water. Manually-activated PFDs are a great choice for when situations dictate there is a reasonable chance you will end up in the water and are confident you will be able to pull the inflation cord when you need it. They are also ideal for situations where control over PFD inflation is desired.
- Manual inflation—inflates when wearer pulls activation cord
- Safety inspection window—window allows user to easily inspect inflator status: green indicates inflator is ready for use
- Lightweight design for high mobility and allows PFD to be easily worn over a shirt or jacket
- Durable nylon construction
- Comfortable neoprene collar eliminates neck irritation
- 35lb. buoyancy
- Regulatory Approval: United States Coast Guard
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.