Autopilot system Simrad AP24 HELM ideal for smaller boats, yachts and boats. With high reliability and precision piloting it can take you to the right spot at the right time, even in difficult weather conditions offshore. The system consists of a control unit, a computer, a compass and an actuator, which is built into the steering column.
Set AP24 Helm Drive Kit contains everything you need to equip boats autopilot with remote steering.
The kit includes:
- Type-S gear - Easy to install and uses the existing steering wires (Morse-Teleflex)
- AP24 - autonomous autopilot control unit with a high-contrast display and dedicated buttons
- FC40 - Exact fluxgate compass
- AC12 - Computer autopilot
- Cable kit required for installation over the network Simnet. Provides synchronization with Simrad MFD (multifunction display) and other devices.
Reducer Type-S with direct drive shaft is a revolutionary autopilot. Replaces manual gearbox used on boats with remote steering, and is mounted directly behind the dashboard.
The drive is compatible with gear Morse 290, but comes together your own gear to attach to the control panel and can be set to use the cable from the steering wheel boat (Morse 304411 and Teleflex SSC52).
To install the gear-driven Type-S need space behind the control panel depth of 250 mm.
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.