Great for mainsheet or spinnaker blocks and control lines on offshore yachts. Robust construction handles high loads. Ball-bearing sheaves minimize friction. Beefier posts and wrap-around straps create much higher working loads. Three-way head system permits blocks to swivel or be fixed side-to-side or fore-and-aft. Beckets are removable. Where applicable, blocks use 1/4" fasteners.
- Sheave: Delrin except for aluminum 1542 wire block
- Ball Bearings: Torlon high-load ball bearings in fitted races
- Sheave Size: 3" (76mm)
- Line Diameter: 9/16" max.
- Cheek Material/Finish: Plastic with wrap-around stainless straps
- Shackle/Strap Type: Three-way head locks in two orientations or swivels; heavy-duty screw pin shackle
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.