Valid with Purchase of select Standar Horizon Products
August 01, 2013 - December 31, 2013
Mounting a VHF radio has never been easier. The Explorer GX1600 has an ultra-thin and compact rear case, only 3 1/2" in depth or half the depth of comparable VHF radios. The rear case design also gives flexibility when flush mounting the radio in tight areas or bracket mounting the radio by taking up less dash space, and allowing more mounting options. The GX1600 meets ITU-R M493-13 Class D DSC regulations with a dedicated channel 70 receiver that continuously watches for DSC calls. The GX1600 accepts a RAM3 Remote Access Microphone, allowing full control of all radio and DSC functions from a second station. The microphone uses ClearVoice noise reduction technology, which reduces wind and engine noise when transmitting.
- Channel Selection: Up/down keys
- Controls: Volume, squelch, spring-loaded DSC distress cover, backlit keypad
- Mic Controls: Channel selection, 16/9 and H/L keys
- Display Type: Backlit dot matrix
- Scanning Modes: Programmable, Priority Scan and Dual Watch
- Weather Alert: Yes
- Performance: Sensitivity: 25µV; Rejection: 70dB
- NMEA Interface: NMEA 0183
- DSC: Meets ITU-R M493-13 Class D DSC
- Dimensions: 5 3/8"W x 2 13/16"H x 2 9/16"D
- Draw: 5A/0.5A
- Waterproof: Rated IPX8 submersible plus
- Warranty: Three-year waterproof, $65 flat rate
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Large Boats
- Small Boats
Comments about Explorer GX1600 Fixed Mount VHF Radio:
This radio doesn't take up a lot of space and was easy to network with my GPS. I would recommend it to a friend.