Advanced Spinning Performance
The Cardinal® STX freshwater reel offers serious performance with cutting edge design. It features six bearings with an additional instant anti-reverse bearing that stops fish in their tracks. Its Everlast bail system gives the Cardinal S improved durability and added strength.
A lightweight graphite frame won’t weigh you down and a Stealth Oscillation™ system allows for even line lay on the spool. Matched with a high modulus 24 Ton Graphite rod featuring high density EVA handles for superior sensitivity and durability, this pair is engineered to perform.
- 7 stainless steel ball bearings + 1 roller bearing provides smooth operation
- Lightweight graphite body and rotor
- Machined aluminum spool provides strength without adding excess weight
- Stainless steel main shaft and components for improved corrosion resistance
- Everlast™ bail system for improved durability
- Slow Oscillation provides even line lay with all types of line
- 24 Ton graphite for a lightweight balanced design; High density EVA gives greater sensitivity and durability
- Texas rigged hook keeper for all bait applications
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.