These exceptionally strong blocks feature the performance Orbit sheave with captive Acetal ball bearings for side thrust loads, eliminating the need for side retainer plates. This reduces weight and offers a wider bearing surface that can accommodate longer Torlon® needles, achieving a super high strength-to-weight ratio. The 75mm webbing block (RF79107) can be used where swivel head and shackle attachment is not required to achieve further weight savings.
- Sheave: Alloy with captive ball races
- Bearings: High-compression-strength Carbon Black Acetal; Torlon needle rollers
- Sheave Size: 2-3/8" (60mm) or 3" (75mm)
- Line Diameter: Series 60: 1/2" (12mm), Series 75: 9/16" (14mm)
- Cheek Material/Finish: Anodized aluminum
- Shackle/Strap Type: Grade 17-4PH stainless steel
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.