Continuous line furling system: from ocean race to cruising
Perfect for racers looking to maximize sailing efficiency, these furlers feature a continuous furling line drum that has a number of advantages over conventional drum systems. The drum's extreme low-profile increases luff length and puts the foot of the sail closer to the deck. The simple pulley design virtually eliminates troublesome line overrides encountered with standard drum-style systems. Adjustments are made easily due to the large drum diameter, offering a mechanical advantage for greater furling power. The aerodynamic head foil with dual luff grooves makes sail changes fast and the simple tack ring fitting makes it easy to lift the drum for turnbuckle inspection or adjustment.
- Single line design eliminates drum overrides
- Safe and easy sail handling
- Low profile design offers the longest possible jib luff
- Large diameter drum for increased turning power
- Line guide keeps furling line engaged
- Rotating tack fitting
- Accommodates existing headstay turnbuckles
- Waterproof sealed bearings
- Quick and easy installation
- Fits most existing Facnor aluminum foils
- Extend range: RC100, RC180, RC220, RC300
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.