Built For Today's Super Braids
The fine diameter and strength of today's braided super lines lets you pack a tremendous amount of fighting power into a compact reel. It also puts incredible strain on gear trains and drags designed for monofilament. That's why these Saltiga conventionals feature beefed up components within a super-rigid frame machined from solid bar stock aluminum. Reels just don't get any tougher.
- Grease-impregnated graphite and stainless drag
- Seven ball and roller bearings
- Precision machined, aircraft-grade aluminum spool for maximum casting performance and strength
- Massive, machine-cut, high-strength alloy gears
- Dual-system Infinite Anti-Reverse
- Two-position Power Handle with massive, hand-fitting grip
- Frame and sideplates machined from solid, aircraft-grade bar stock aluminum, hard anodized to prevent corrosion
- Fast retrieve pulls in almost a yard of line (35 inches) with every handle turn
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.