The Richter Anchor design came into existence several years ago with a design to fit the needs of anglers fishing for walleye in northern Wisconsin. The Richter Anchor design has an aggressive fluke pattern, and centered weight with the addition of a release bar that makes the anchor near 100% retrievable. The Richter Anchor has been shown to maintain a good hold with a 3:1 scope, often even less anchor line. The Richter Anchor has been tested by countless tournament fishermen, and compared to other "specialty" anchors that claim to be the best, the Richter Anchor is continuously preferred for reliability in varied bottoms and water conditions.
- Style: Unique fixed grapnel and river combination with release mechanism
- Material: PVC-coated, galvanized iron/steel
- Application: Most bottom types
- Best Use: Small craft in protected areas; similar to river anchor
- Pros: Combines grapnel penetration, the easy retrieval of a slip-ring anchor, and the weight of a river anchor into a high-performance design
- Cons: Poor holding in sand and mud, good primarily for small boats in inland conditions
- Warranty: One year
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy To Install
- Easy To Use
- Holds Boat Securely
- Open Water
Comments about Richter Anchor:
I use the richter anchor for quick and reliable holding especially on a beach. It's unlikely to not snag and slide as I've had happen when using a fluke anchor. For short bait getting efforts on the beach, just drop it on the sand and walk away. Also, it's great as a second anchor when you need to keep the bow pointed out away from the beach. Set my fluke anchor off the bow, and use the richter (instead of a sand spike) snapped to a stern line. Bonus here is it's much less likely to hurt little toes because of the rubber coating.