Heavy-duty aluminum dock ladder features extra wide steps for increased security under foot. The 17"L x 4"W steps have slightly rounded edges so you feel comfortable and stable when climbing in and out of the water. Grooved surface offers traction, yet still remains kind to your feet. 12" vertical spacing between steps. Standard style for permanent mounting on a dock or seawall. 665lb. max boarding capacity.
- Swings up and back allowing complete ladder to be kept out of water
- Constructed from 1-1/4" ID pipe made from marine grade aluminum 6063 T-5 to resist corrosion
- All welded construction for strength
- Extruded aluminum channels are serrated to produce a non-skid surface rung with no sharp edges
- Use as either a dock or seawall ladder
- Standard ladder sizes are: 3, 4, 5 & 7 step models
- New locking pin mechanism locks ladder in either up or down positions
- Rated for 665 lbs. per rung
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy To Use
- Not all parts included
- Slight design flaw
Comments about Aluminum Swing Ladders:
I got tired of trying to pull myself (and others) out of the water and back on to the dock after swiming. I decided to give the swing ladder a try. It works really well and is pretty easy to install and pull up out of the water after the weekend. There are only 2 minor drawbacks. First, it does not include the bolts to secure to a dock. I had to go out and get those and then had to do a little boring to get the pre-drilled holes the right size. Second, the little pin that is supposed to hold it in the upright position when not in use really does not work. I tie mine up with a rope. However, the ladder works really well. It's easy to swing up and down, and tying it up with a rope is no big deal.