Add conditioned air and reverse-cycle heat to your boat with minimal installation requirements. Cabin Mate by Marine Air Systems with an exclusive stainless-steel drain pan includes a Tecumseh rotary compressor and a proven-reliable digital control as standard equipment. Cabin Mate's digitally controlled thermostat comes completely calibrated no complicated startup procedures or special meters, gauges, probes, etc. are needed. The controller allows you to cycle the fan with the compressor, vary fan speeds, calibrate the temperature and even control the humidity level on your boat while you're away. Simply add a duct kit and universal seawater kit and you are ready to begin installation. Includes compressor/evaporator/blower unit, digital control, circulation pump sized for the air conditioner.
- Available in 5,000-16,000 BTU
- Running current draw from 6.8A to 12.7A, depending on unit (Note: Starting current is considerably higher)
- 115 Volts AC 60 Hz (230 V, 50 or 60 Hz units can be special ordered)
- 5,000 BTU/HR 6.8A, 12.25"H x 13.25"W x 17.75"L
- 7,000 BTU/HR 6.8A, 12.25"H x 13.25"W x 17.75"L
- 10,000 BTU/HR 9.0A, 13"H x 15.25"W x 19.25"L
- 12,000 BTU HR 10 A, 14.25"H x 15.25"W x 19.25"L
- 16,000 BTU HR 12.7A 14.25"H x 15.25"W x 20.5"L
Installation requirements (not included):
- Duct kit
- Seawater kit consisting of: thru-hulls, seawater strainer, hose, hose barbs, ball valve, and hose clamps
- Dedicated 115 V, 60 Hz, 30 Amp service including circuit breaker
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.