Series 55 BB Ball Bearing Orbit Blocks are suitable for sheet applications on dinghies, sportboats and small one-design keel boats and for control lines on larger boats. They feature strong Dyneema® rope links which are lighter weight and more flexible than metal loop heads, and a precision 2-stage bearing system for better durability, lighter weight and low-friction performance. Models with swivels feature stainless steel shackles.
Series 55 RT Ratchet Orbit Blocks feature 20:1 holding power and are the only ratchet blocks available that can be set in manual mode or full automatic engagement mode. Essential equipment on racing dinghies and sportboats, when you want the most holding power you can get.
- Sheave: Carbon-fiber-reinforced, PTFE impregnated engineered nylon
- Ball Bearings: High-compression-strength carbon black Acetal; Stage 2 Bearing: Glass-fiber-reinforced, MoS2 impregnated engineered nylon
- Sheave Size: 2-5/32" (55mm)
- Line Dia.: 3/8" (10mm) max.
- Cheek Material/Finish: Toughened glass-fiber-reinforced nylon
- Shackle/Strap Type: UV-stabilized, multi-strand Dyneema® rope link
Exact images not available
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.