The cover is 50% heat-treated Taslan and 50% polyester, which provides excellent grip and durability on ratchet blocks. This line has anti-kinking properties that make it ideal for mainsheets on dinghies and control lines on larger boats. 7mm diameter, 16-plait cover, 8-plait core. Stretch: 8.93% at 20% of breaking strength.
- Best Use: Dinghy jib, main and light spinnaker sheets
- Construction: Double-braid
- Cover Fiber/Construction: 16-plait polyester
- Core Fiber/Construction: 8-plait polyester
- Stretch: 8.93% at 20% breaking strength
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.