Sterling Topcoat Brushing System
Pick a color base, mix 2:1 with U-2964, and allow to pre-react for 45 minutes. Add a dash of U-2900 accelerator in cool weather and thin about 25% with U-2965. Apply on nonskid surfaces with low-nap foam rollers and tip several times with a premium China bristle brush. Apply over U-1000 or 94U-1000 finish primer.
Sterling Topcoat Spray System
For marine professionals. Mix color base 1:1 with U-1001C catalyst. Thin in warm weather with U-1014, and below 70°F with U-1385, 25-30%. Apply first coat wet and allow to dry to touch. Recoat for maximum gloss. Clear coat and buffing is not required. Apply over U-1000 or 94U-1000 finish primer.
- Base Formulation: Two-part linear polyurethane topcoat
- Recommended Application Method: Spray or brush
- Number of Coats Recommended: Two or three coats
- Drying Time: 8 hr. pot life, 30-45 min induction, up to 4 hrs overcoating
- Primer Needed: U-1000 or 94U-1000 primers
- Coverage: 225-350 sq.ft/gal.
- Thinner: Please check the application guide at detcomarine.com
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.