The Smartfind S10 AIS Beacon is an innovative manually-activated personal safety device incorporating both AIS (Automatic Identification System) and GPS technology. Waterproof, buoyant and compact, it provides security for divers, boaters or anyone who works or plays on the water. When activated, Smartfind S10 transmits a unique alert signal to your vessel and to all AIS enabled receivers within a typical four mile range, signaling a crew-overboard or lost diver situation. Smartfind S10 is waterproof to 60 meters, will transmit continuously for a minimum of 24 hours and has a five year battery storage life. Includes a flashing strobe light and a self-test facility with a battery use indicator.
- Classification: Personal AIS Beacon
- Activation Method: Manual
- Antenna: Integrated PCB
- Range: Four nautical miles (typical)
- Transmit Power: 2W nominal
- Frequency: AIS channel 1 -161.975MHz, AIS channel 2 - 162.025MHz
- Battery: Lithium-ion
- Battery Life: 24hr. continuous use/5-year battery storage life
- GPS: 50-channel
- Strobe: Flashing white LED
- Dimensions: 9 11/16"L x 1 11/16"dia.
- Weight: 5.29oz.
- Warranty: Five years
This product contains a lithium battery and cannot ship via US Postal Service.
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.