Deluxe Inflatable PFDs combine the advanced safety of inflatable technology with product enhancements such as comfort-improvement features and a safety inspection window to easily tell users if the inflator is ready for use. The Velcro™ closure makes it easy to wear and maintain while closing to the outside to reduce chafing around the neck and chest; the neoprene Comfort Collar™ eliminates neck irritation and a back flap can be silk screened with department ID. The MD3087 LE automatically inflates when the wearer is immersed in water and is lightweight and close-fitting to ensure it doesn't interfere with regular activities.
Automatic-activated inflatable PFDs inflate when they are immersed in water. They operate on a small tablet that dissolves in the water and causes the inflator to activate and fill the inflatable cell. They are an ideal choice for situations where you don't expect to go in the water-such as sailing or powerboating-but want the confidence that if the unexpected happens, the PFD will inflate within seconds of being in the water to keep you afloat.
- Automatic inflation-inflates when immersed in water or when user pulls activation cord
- Safety inspection window-window allows user to inspect inflator status: green indicates inflator is ready for use
- Lightweight design for high mobility and allows PFD to be easily worn over a shirt or jacket
- Durable nylon construction
- Comfortable neoprene collar eliminates neck irritation
- 35lb. buoyancy
- Back flap can be silk screened with department ID
- For Coast Guard, Homeland Security, Law Enforcement
- Regulatory Approval: United States Coast Guard
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.