The microprocessor-controlled digital Max Charge regulator is superior for charging efficiency, safety and ease of use. Designed for Balmar small or large case alternators or other P-type externally regulated alternators, this 24V regulator features selectable programs for six marine battery types: Standard and Deep Cycle Flooded, Gel, AGM, Optima, and Halogen/Voltage Sensitive battery types, as well as a default program that's safe for most battery types.
Programming is easy—simply activate the embedded magnetic reed switch with the included magnetic programming tool and scroll through the basic or advanced programming modes. A three-digit numeric LED shows adjustments in simple letters and numbers. Advanced programming options provide precise adjustment of all modes. Includes Amp Manager and Equalization functions. Includes alternator and battery temperature sensing with optional temperature sensors installed.
- Automatic Functions: Multi-stage digitally controlled charging; 5 alarms; 3 advisories
- User Selectable Functions: 7 charging program settings; Battery equalization, advanced programming
- Status Display: 3-Digit Numeric LEDs
- Dimensions: 4.8" x 3.25" x 1.5"
- Wiring Harness Included: 54"L, 14ga., Includes ATC Fuses (2)
- Warranty: One Year
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.