Purchase select ACR products to recieve a free PLB Promo Kit worth $210
$50 Cash Rebate with purchase of
(Models: 11687431, 11687449 )
$100 Cash Rebate with purchase of
(Models: 11034659, 11034667, 10406890, 10406908 )
EPIRB Promo Kit includes - Free Firefly3 strobe, 57 piece Survival First Aid kit, ultra-bright LED HeadLamp, Hot Shot signal mirror and a 1 year plus subscription to www.406Link.com.
February 4, 2013 - June 15, 2013
The next generation in marine safety electronics
The all new GlobalFix™ iPRO EPIRB is the next generation in marine safety electronics. The GlobalFix™ iPRO is a breakthrough product that features a digital display that allows you to see all of the beacon’s operational activities. The screen shows GPS LAT/LON, operating instructions, usage tips, transmission bursts as well as battery power. Self-testing your beacon is simple and easy to understand, with the iPRO digital display visually guiding you through the self test step by step. No more relying on listening to beeps and figuring out LEDs.
The GlobalFix™ iPRO is also the first EPIRB that offers Dual GPS Technology. Interface your iPRO to your onboard GPS to ensure that your LAT/LON is stored inside so your precise coordinates are transmitted in the first data burst. iPRO’s internal GPS is optimized for cold starts so that it will pinpoint your exact location faster than standard GPS enabled EPIRBs. The iPRO is smaller than the original GlobalFix and also includes a non-hazardous battery.
- Approvals: FCC, COSPAS-SARSAT, USCG, (Pending) IMO, MED; Meets GMDSS, RTCM standards
- Type: Category 2 EPIRB, Manual Release
- Battery: Lithium battery, Class 2
- Ship: FHAZ(FedEx Hazardous) only
- Battery Life: 48 hrs. minimum @ –4° F (–20° C), Replace after 5 years or after emergency use
- Color: ACR-treuse™ (high visibility yellow)
- Frequency: 406 MHz with 121.5 MHz homing
- Material: High impact UV resistant polymer
- Strobe: White, 1 effective candela, Flash rate: 30 ± min
- Waterproof: Tested to 10 min @ 33 ft. (10 m)
- Warranty: Five years
NOTE: This product is programmed for US residents. Please call our Call Center or email Customer Service for additional information.
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.