These new reels make use of a corrosion-proof composite frame and side plates to house a rugged, work horse gear train. Aluminum spool starts fast but is kept in control by centrifugal brake system. A great, all-around reel at a very reasonable price.
- Yds/Test: 30/350, 40/310, 50/220 BRAID: 40/840, 50/630
- Max Drag: 19.8
- Line per handle turn: 48.0′
- Bearings: 3CRBB, 1RB
- Gear Ratio: 6.4:1
- Three CRBB corrosion resistant ball bearings plus roller bearing
- Anodized aluminum spool
- Corrosion-proof composite frame
- Rugged brass gears, helical-cut for smooth, powerful winding
- UT Carbon Drag System
- Centrifugal spool brake
- Dual system Infinite Anti-Reverse
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.