The Hammar Hydrostatic Release is a universal float-free release mechanism that is compact and reliable. It will release at all angles and needs only the required water pressure to activate (depths between 1.5m and 4m). Unit consists of a double-looped rope line, a release mechanism, a weak link (red), and instruction tag.
- Designed for life rafts carrying 4 to approximately 90 persons
- Fits life rafts of all shapes and sizes
- Simple to install with instruction tag attached
- Glass-fiber reinforced nylon construction means no rust
- Needs no annual service, maintenance or spare parts
- Clearly marked with an expiration date (two years from installation)
- Disposable, 97% recyclable
- Complies with the latest SOLAS regulations
- USCG approved
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.