Finally! A down to earth, simple to use log book!
The Ship’s Log is a new addition to the Charlie’s Charts line of cruiser’s books by Captain Holly Scott and Jo Russell. It is the result of years of searching for a ready made log book with all the right stuff a cruiser needs on a daily basis, whether sail or power. With a plastic cover and comb binding that will lay flat, this convenient log book is divided into the following sections:
- A few pages of intro and ‘how to’ use the log book
- A quick metric conversion chart
- 4 pages of Vessel info and crew log (passport numbers, dates onboard, emergency numbers)
- 4 pages of the Fuel Log
- 4 pages of the Fishing Log
- 182 pages of daily journal/note taking space faced by a passage log with position, navigation info, weather conditions and underway engine details – 12 entries per page
The layout is perfect for hourly entries, or at the watch change, whether coastal cruising or passagemaking.
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.