An excellent choice for value-priced, high-performance DC charging, the 2000 SP Series uses modern 3-stage charging to deliver the greatest charge when the battery is most able to accept it, prevent overcharging and extend battery life. Ignition protected, and the 40A model includes automatic temperature regulation. Restores up to three banks simultaneously. Allows selection of charging cycles and voltages for lead-acid, AGM, or gel batteries. Other features include the ability to act as a power supply, easy-to-read DC ammeter, corrosion-resistant components and housing and heavy-duty heat sink design. Runs cool and quiet, no RFI/EMI interference. All models meet FCC Class B requirements. Exterior slots allow for easy mounting, not Marine UL Listed. Dimensions: 10A, 15A & 20A 3.7" x 9.5" x 8.2"; 40A 3.7" x 9.5" x 10.5". Made in the U.S.A.
- Number of Outputs: Three
- Automatic Functions: Temp. compensation (40A model only); Thermal, over-current & reverse polarity protection
- Battery Bank Size/Configuration: Up to three banks; up to 600Ah total
- User Selectable Functions: Battery type - lead-acid, AGM, or gel
- Status Indicators: Ammeter
- Temperature Compensation: 40 amp model only
- Input Wiring: AC hardwire
- Output Wiring: Enclosed DC terminal block, screw terminals
- Safety Features: Thermal, over current, reverse polarity and ignition protected, overload protection, short circuit/surge protection, internal isolation of outputs, Marine UL spec conformal coated boards
- Mounting Hardware Included/Required: Four #8 fasteners
- Remote Available: No
- Warranty: Two years limited
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.