Purchase any single HDS Touch product* and receive a FREE StructureScan HD LSS-2 Transducer (model 13617386) by Mail.
(qualifying models: 14077820,14077804,14077812)
November 25, 2013 - January 05, 2014
Unlock the power of HDS with fewer button presses, making it simple to quickly master advanced features.
The first touchscreen display created with anglers in mind, it’s even easy to use in rough conditions. Plus, SolarMAX enhancements allow superior sunlight and wider-angle viewing.
- Easy-to-use touchscreen control: Powerful touchscreen with redesigned menus and five pushbutton controls simplify operation without sacrificing features.
- Built-in, four-channel sonar technology (Chartplotter/Fishfinder models only): Dedicated StructureScan HD signals for left-, right- and down-looking images, plus Broadband Sounder®. Real-time StructureMap® capability allows you to overlay StructureScan® HD sonar imaging data onto your favorite chart for a lifelike underwater view with greater perspective of your boat’s position to nearby structure. Overlay DownScan Imaging® onto your Broadband Sounder view for the ultimate fish-and structure-finding display.
- More powerful navigational tools: 3D perspective view with both Insight USA® maps and optional Navionics charts, plus a dual-view option allows you to simultaneously use two maps at once.
- Insight Genesis® compatibility: Make your own map! Create high-definition contours, bottom hardness and more from personalized sonar log recordings on a powerful new Lowrance web-based map creation tool.
- Wireless connectivity: WiFi-1 module compatible via Ethernet, when combined with a GoFree Wireless app, provides remote viewing and control of HDS Gen2 Touch on the iPhone, iPad and Android devices. Wireless app, provides remote viewing and control of HDS Gen2 Touch on the iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
The HDS-9 Gen 2 Touch has a screen size that measures 9" diagonally, with 800 x 480 WVGA screen resolution. It measures 10-7/16" W x 6-11/16"H x 3-5/16" D.
- Display Type: Color TFT LCD touchscreen, widescreen 16:9
- Receiver Type: Internal, high-sensitivity w/WAAS
- Preloaded Cartography: Insight USA®
- Optional Cartography: Navionics
- Transducer: Sold separately
- Transmit Power: Max. 31W (RMS actual) 250W peak
- Max. Depth: 5,000'
- Frequency: 50/200 or 83/200kHz + 455/800kHz
- Data Interface: NMEA 2000, NMEA 0183, Ethernet
- Voltage: 12V DC
- Draw: 0.9A @ 13V DC
- Waterproof Rating: IPX7
- Warranty: Two years
What You’ll Need
The HDS-9 Gen2 Series operates either 83/200 455/800kHz, 50/200 455/800Khz, 83/200 kHz or 50/200kHz transducers, sold separately. Depending on the style of the transducer, you’ll get depth, speed and/or temperature readings. To complete your installation, order one of the following transducers:
|OB/IB Shallow Water w/Temp (Primary)||Depth/Temperature||83/200 kHz||Nylon||8803595|
|OB/IB Deep Water w/Temp (Primary)||Depth/Temperature||50/200 kHz||Nylon||8803603|
|OB/IB Deep Water w/Speed & Temp||Depth/Speed/ |
|IB Engines; Shallow or Deep Water w/Temp||Depth/Temperature||50/200 kHz||Bronze||11498805|
|IB Engines; Shallow or Deep Water w/Temp||Depth/Temperature||50/200 kHz||Plastic||11498375|
|Trolling Motor or In-Hull Mount; Shallow Water w/Temp||Depth/Temperature||83/200 kHz||Nylon||10856003|
|Larger Boats; 1KW Deep Water w/Temp||Depth/Temperature||50/200 kHz||Bronze||11259314|
|Transom-Mount Skimmer||Hybrid Dual Imaging||83/200 455/800kHz||Plastic||14273965|
|Transom-Mount Skimmer||Hybrid Dual Imaging||50/200 455/800Khz||Plastic||14273957|
What You May Want to Add
|XT-20BL-20 foot extension cable||11259322|
|10EX-BLK-10-ft 9 pin Structure Scan Ext.||11498649|
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.