Ideal for sheet applications on dinghies up to 16' and control line applications for small keel boats. All Series 40 Orbit Blocks™ feature ultra-strong Dyneema® SK-75 links that are lighter in weight and stronger than metal headposts on conventional blocks. These blocks also feature a precision, two-stage bearing for reduced friction under high loads. Series 40 Ratchet blocks feature 14:1 holding power and a sophisticated cross-hole sheave geometry for superior rope wear performance. The standard manual ratchet is excellent for mainsheet and other traditional ratchet applications.
- Style: Single, Manual Ratchet
- MWL(lb.): 385
- Weight(oz.): 1.5
- Sheave: Carbon fiber reinforced, PTFE impregnated engineered nylon
- Ball Bearings: High-compression-strength carbon black Acetal, Stage 2 bearing: Glass-fiber reinforced, MoS2 impregnated engineered nylon
- Sheave Size: 1-9/16" (40mm)
- Line Dia.: 5/16" (8mm) max.
- Cheek Material/Finish: Toughened glass-fiber reinforced nylon
- Shackle/Strap Type: UV-stabilized, multi-strand Dyneema® link
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.