A highly durable one-part polyurethane gloss finish, Compass Clear Varnish contains a unique combination of ultraviolet additives, HALS (Hindered Amine Light Stabilizers), surface stabilizers and antioxidants, to ensure long term gloss and clarity. Polyurethane resin adds excellent abrasion, chemical and water resistance. Superior leveling properties along with silky application contribute to a professional, long-lasting finish. Suitable for all internal and external woods, Compass Clear Varnish lets the natural color of the wood show through.
- Recommended Usage: Interior and exterior wood varnish; Works well on all woods, including oily woods such as teak
- Formulation: One-part polyurethane
- Additives: UV stabilizers, HALS
- Application Methods: Brush or spray
- Drying Time: To touch: 2hrs. @ 73°F; To overcoat: 12hrs. @ 73°F
- Number of Coats Recommended: 4-6
- Color: Clear
- Coverage: 150sq.ft./qt.
- Thinner: Brush: 333 Brushing Liquid, Model 117945; Spray: 216 Special Thinner, Model 117598
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.