Reliable blister protection at an eye-popping price! This two-part epoxy barrier coat provides an excellent defense against blister-causing moisture seeping into your hull. Use to prevent and/or repair blistering on fiberglass, new hulls and old. Must be applied over a bare hull surface. Kit includes parts A and B which are mixed in a 3:1 ratio to make one gallon of epoxy.
- Total Thickness Required: 2.5mil dry/coat; 10mil total
- Drying Time: To overcoat with self: 3hrs.-14 days; To overcoat with bottom paint: 5-8hrs.; To launch: 72hrs. (all @ 70°F)
- Total Time to Full Cure: To touch: 1-3hrs.
- Coverage: 65sq.ft./gal. @ 10mil
- Application Methods: Brush, roller, airless/conventional spray
- Color: Gray
- Thinner: Pettit 97 Epoxy Thinner, Model 284216
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.