Because the black box can be mounted anywhere out-of-sight, the VHF 300 Series saves important real estate on the helm. Operate the unit via the GHS™ 10 full-function remote microphone or the wireless GHS™ 20, see below (the VHF 300 series supports up to three GHS™ 10 remote mics for vessels with multiple stations). These handheld remote mic stations feature a crisp two-inch LCD display, dedicated buttons for frequent tasks, and three soft buttons for dynamic controls. The radio uses either the supplied four-inch active speaker with volume knob, the passive speaker contained within the GHS™ 10, or an optional third-party passive speaker. With multiple stations, the system can even be used as an on-boat intercom. The 30W loudhailer includes two-way hailer functionality; listen back when connected to a compatible horn speaker. Automatic and manual foghorn signals, plus adjustable base fog frequencies.
The VHF 300 AIS offers support for the Automatic Identification System (AIS). These VHF radios include integrated AIS receivers for identifying and locating larger vessels. Mariners will never miss an AIS target thanks to the built-in dual AIS receivers.
- Channel Selection: Operate every feature using the included GHS 10 full-function wired mic
- Controls: Multi-function dial, six keys: 16/9, Hi/Lo, Clear, Menu, DSC, Vol/Sq.
- Weather Alert: Yes
- Receiver Performance: Sensitivity: 0.28µV; Rejection: 70db
- NMEA Interface: NMEA 2000 and NMEA 0183 Full Class D Digital Selective Calling (DSC) capabilities with a built-in dedicated DSC receiver
- Dimensions: 9 3/4"W x 7 1/16"H x 2 1/2"D
- Draw: Standby: 350mA, Receive: 600mA, Transmit: 6.0A at Hi power, 2.0A at Lo power
- Waterproof Rating: IPX7
- Warranty: One year
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.