nüvi 3590LMT provides the most comprehensive navigation capabilities available in Garmin's thinnest 5" high resolution touchscreen navigator because of the Garmin Guidance 3.0, FREE lifetime Digital 3D traffic¹ and map² updates, advanced lane guidance and more.
Navigate By Touch or By Voice
With its innovative voice-activated navigation, you can control nüvi 3590LMT with your voice — allowing you to keep both hands on the wheel. Simply wake up nüvi with a customizable voice command and begin speaking menu options that are clearly displayed on the screen. You also can control the nüvi using its high-resolution 5" (12.7 cm) glass touchscreen.
Garmin Guidance 3.0 allows you to quickly look up addresses and services and be guided to your destination with voice-prompted, turn-by-turn directions that speak street names. It comes preloaded with maps that feature 3-D landmarks and terrain for North America. It also comes preloaded with more than 8 million points of interest (POIs) and offers the ability to add your own.
Avoid Traffic Tie-ups
With FREE lifetime traffic updates from Digital 3D Traffic, nüvi 3590LMT can help you avoid delays. Digital 3D Traffic provides updates as often as every 30 seconds over the HD Radio system, so you can easily reroute around congestion and arrive on time.
Enjoy FREE Lifetime Map Updates
With FREE lifetime map updates, you always have the most up-to-date maps, POIs and navigation information available at your fingertips. Map updates are available for download up to 4 times a year with no subscription or update fees and no expiration dates.
Know the Lane Before It’s Too Late
Now there’s no more guessing which lane you need to be in to make an upcoming turn. Available in select metropolitan areas, photoReal junction view makes unfamiliar intersections and exits easy to navigate. When you approach an exit or interchange, nüvi 3590LMT will enter split screen mode and show you a realistic depiction of junctions on your route, complete with road signs and arrows that indicate the proper lane for navigation. Bird’s Eye junction view also is included for a top-down look at upcoming complex interchanges.
Go Beyond Navigation
Point-to-point navigation is just the beginning. Share information and Live Services between nüvi 3590LMT and your compatible Android phone with Garmin Smartphone Link. nüvi 3590LMT also includes Garmin Digital 3D Traffic which delivers traffic updates as often as 30 seconds over the HD Radio system. That’s up to 10 times more often than other traffic receivers. With Garmin Digital 3D Traffic, you get all the advantages of Garmin's extensive Garmin Traffic avoidance system, plus 2 to 3 times more road coverage than Garmin traffic offering over RDS.
The built-in microSD™ card slot lets you store and use detailed cityXplorer™ maps or download custom voices and vehicles for free from the Garmin Garage™. It also comes with a powered mount that charges while you drive as well as dual-orientation functionality that lets you hold your nüvi vertically or horizontally for added convenience driving or walking. And for added convenience and safety, built-in Bluetooth® connectivity lets you make and take hands-free calls and texts.³
“Where Am I?” emergency locator provides your exact latitude and longitude coordinates, the nearest address and intersection, and the closest hospitals, police stations and more. And Enhanced Exit Services tells you what services you’re approaching on the highway.
¹FREE lifetime traffic updates may not be transferred to another person or another Garmin product. Lifetime traffic extends for the useful life of your Garmin traffic receiver (as long as you own a compatible Garmin GPS) or as long as Garmin receives traffic data from its traffic supplier, whichever is shorter. A traffic receiver's "useful life" means the period during which the receiver (a) has the required technical capabilities to utilize current traffic data service and (b) is capable of operating as intended without major repairs. Traffic content not available for all areas. See traffic coverage areas.
²If you purchase a nüMaps Lifetime subscription (sold separately or bundled together with certain GPS models), you will receive up to 4 map data updates per year, when and as such updates are made available on Garmin’s website, for 1 compatible Garmin product until your product’s useful life expires or Garmin no longer receives map data from its third party supplier, whichever is shorter. A product’s “useful life” means the period during which the product (a) has sufficient memory capacity and other required technical capabilities to utilize current map data and (b) is capable of operating as intended without major repairs. A product will be deemed to be out of service and its useful life to be ended if no updates have been downloaded for such product for a period of 24 months or more. Unless otherwise stated, the updates you receive under the subscription will be updates to the same geographic map data originally included with your Garmin product when originally purchased. In some instances, your Garmin product might not have sufficient memory remaining for you to load an update to the map data, in which case you will need to either (a) select reduced map data coverage for your updates, or (b) purchase separately a microSD™/SD™ card (if and as applicable to your Garmin product) and load all or a portion of the map data coverage for your updates to the card and insert the card into the microSD/SD card slot contained in your Garmin product. If neither of the measures in (a) or (b) can be used to address your product’s lack of sufficient remaining memory, then Garmin may conclude that the “useful life” of your product has expired. Garmin may terminate your nüMaps Lifetime subscription at any time if you violate any of the terms of this agreement or your subscription. Your nüMaps Lifetime subscription may not be transferred to another Garmin product.
³Only works with Bluetooth® Message Access Profile compatible handsets. For compatibility call your carrier or check Garmin's Bluetooth® compatibility pages.
Physical & Performance:
- Unit dimensions, WxHxD: 5.4"W x 3.4"H x 0.5"D (13.8 x 8.7 x 1.3 cm)
- Display size, WxH: 4.4"W x 2.5"H (11.1 x 6.3 cm); 5" diag (12.7 cm)
- Display resolution, WxH: 800 x 480 pixels
- Display type: multi-touch, glass, dual-orientation, WVGA color TFT with white backlight
- Weight: 7.2 ounces (203 g)
- Battery: rechargeable lithium-ion
- Battery life: up to 4 hours
- Headphone jack/audio line-out: no
- High-sensitivity receiver: yes
- Waterproof: no
Maps and Memory:
- Preloaded street maps: yes
- Includes lifetime map updates: yes
- nüMaps Guarantee: yes
- 3-D terrain view: yes
- 3-D buildings and landmarks view: yes
- Built-in memory: yes
- Accepts data cards: yes microSD™ card (not included)
- Waypoints/favorites/locations: 1000
- Routes: 100
Features and Benefits:
- Drive stress-free. Save time and money
- Voice prompts (e.g. "Turn right in 500 ft."): yes (internal and mount speaker)
- Speaks street names (e.g. "Turn right ON ELM STREET in 500 ft."): yes
- Voice-activated navigation (operate device with spoken commands): yes
- Traffic compatible (routes around traffic with a receiver and subscription): yes (receiver and lifetime traffic included)
- Lifetime traffic updates (receive free lifetime traffic updates): yes (Digital 3D traffic)
- Lane assist (guides to proper lane for navigation): yes
- Junction view (displays junction signs): yes (photoReal and Bird's Eye views)
- myTrends™ (predicts your routes): yes
- trafficTrends™ (calculates routes based on predicted traffic flow): yes
- ecoRoute™ (calculates a more fuel-efficient route): purchased separately
- Auto sort multiple destinations (provides most direct route): yes
- Route avoidance (avoid highways, tolls etc.): yes
- Garmin nüLink! services: (receive accurate real-time travel information): no
- XM® compatible for U.S: no
Navigate safely and easily:
- Bluetooth® wireless technology: yes (includes Safe Texting)
- Speed limit indicator (displays speed limit for most major roads in the U.S. and Europe): yes
- Where Am I? (find closest hospitals, police & gas stations, nearest address & intersection): yes
- Enhanced pedestrian navigation (guides you as you walk around town): yes. Get cityXplorer for even more detailed navigation by foot and public transport
- Photo navigation (navigate to geotagged photos): yes
- Exit services (tells you approaching services on highway): yes
- Custom POIs (ability to add additional points of interest): yes
- Garmin Lock™ (anti-theft feature): no
Enjoy the drive and customize:
- Garmin Garage™ vehicles compatible (download car-shaped icons to your device): yes
- Garmin Garage™ voices compatible (download custom voices to your device): yes
- MP3 player: no
- Audio book player: yes
- Featuring Garmin Guidance 3.0, our most advanced navigation engine. It includes all the features of Guidance 2.0 plus predictive routing and the world's best traffic avoidance system to make everyday driving easier.
- Receive live services via your compatible Android smartphone with Smartphone Link. Software update may be required.
- This USB mass storage device is compatible with Windows® XP or newer and Mac® OS X 10.4 or later.
- This USB mass storage device is compatible with Windows® XP or newer and Mac® OS X 10.4 or later.
What's in the Box:
- nüvi 3590LMT
- Preloaded City Navigator® NT North America (U.S., Canada and Mexico)
- Lifetime maps¹ and traffic² (indicated by “LMT” after model number on the box)
- Digital 3D traffic receiver with vehicle power cable
- Quick release powered mount
- USB cable
- Quick start manual
Package contents may vary per version.
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.